Junior Super Single®
Mercury-Activated, Wide-Angle Pump Switch
Pump switches provide automatic pump control.
The Junior Super Single® pump switch is designed to directly control pumps up to 1/2 HP at 120 VAC and 1 HP at 230 VAC in non-potable water, water and sewage applications.
Although the Junior Super Single® pump switch is not sensitive to rotation, it is affected by turbulence and should be mounted in a non-turbulent location. It is not recommended for use with motor contactors or relays because the motor contactor or relay may experience chattering. A Super Single® or Double Float® pump switch would operate more efficiently in these installations.
- Controls pumps up to 1/2 HP at 120 VAC and 1 HP at 230 VAC
- Adjustable pumping range of 6.5 – 19 inches (16.5 – 48 cm)
- Includes standard mounting clamp and boxed packaging
- Junior Super Single® Pump Switch Diagrams
- For pump up or pump down applications as specified by part number
- With a 120 VAC or 230 VAC piggy-back plug
- Without a plug for direct wiring in 120 VAC or 230 VAC applications
In standard cable lengths of 10, 15, 20, or 30 feet (3, 5, 6, or 10 meters) – longer lengths available
UL Recognized, CSA Certified
Five-Year Limited Warranty
- Flexible 16 gauge, 2 conductor (UL, CSA) SJOW, water-resistant (CPE)
- 2.81 inches diameter x 3.42 inches long (7.14 x 8.68 cm) high impact, corrosion resistance, PVC housing for use in sewage and water up to 140°F (60°C)
- Mercury-to-metal contacts, hermetically sealed in a steel capsule
- 120 VAC 50/60 Hz Single Phase:
- Maximum Pump Running Current: 13 amps
- Maximum Pump Starting Current: 40 amps
- Recommended Pump HP: 1/2 HP or less
- 230 VAC 50/60 Hz Single Phase:
- Maximum Pump Running Current: 8 amps
- Maximum Pump Starting Current: 20 amps
- Recommended Pump HP: 1 HP or less
NOTE: This switch must be used with pumps that provide integral thermal overload protection.
A Pump Switch is designed for Horsepower (HP) rated loads and is not suitable for control (pilot duty) applications. It will fail prematurely when switching loads less than 1 Amp at 120 VAC. Select a float switch from our Control Switch offering for control applications.