Mercury-Activated, Wide-Angle Pump Switch
The Super Single® pump switch is designed to directly control pumps up to 1 HP at 120 VAC and 2 HP at 230 VAC in non-potable water and sewage applications.
The Super Single® pump switch is suitable for use with intrinsically safe circuits. Contact SJE Rhombus regarding specific intrinsically safe applications.
- Controls pumps up to 1 HP at 120 VAC and 2 HP at 230 VAC
- Patented tumbler assembly gives positive pump on or pump off
- Adjustable pumping range of 6.5 – 19 inches (16.5 – 34 cm)
- Includes standard mounting clamp and boxed packaging
- Super Single® Pump Switch Diagrams
- For pump up or pump down applications as specified by part number
- With a 120 VAC or 230 VAC piggy-back plug
- Without a plug for direct wiring in 120 VAC or 230 VAC applications
- In standard cable lengths of 10, 15, 20, or 30 feet (3, 5, 6, or 10 meters) – longer lengths available
UL Recognized, CSA Certified
Five-Year Limited Warranty
- Flexible 14 gauge, 2 conductor (UL, CSA) SJOW, water-resistant (CPE)
- 3.38 inches diameter x 4.25 inches long (8.58 x 10.80 cm) high impact, corrosion resistance, PVC housing for use in sewage and non-potable water up to 140°F (60°C)
- Mercury-to-mercury contacts, hermetically sealed in a steel capsule
- 120 VAC 50/60 Hz Single Phase:
- Maximum Pump Running Current: 15 amps
- Maximum Pump Starting Current: 55 amps
- Recommended Pump HP: 1 HP or less
- 230 VAC 50/60 Hz Single Phase:
- Maximum Pump Running Current: 12 amps
- Maximum Pump Starting Current: 35 amps
- Recommended Pump HP: 2 HP or less
NOTE: This switch must be used with pumps that provide integral thermal overload protection.
A Pump Switch is designed for Horsepower (HP) rated loads and is not suitable for control (pilot duty) applications. It will fail prematurely when switching loads less than 1 Amp at 120 VAC. Select a float switch from our Control Switch offering for control applications.