Mercury-Activated, Wide-Angle Pump Switch
The Double Float® pump switch is designed to directly control pumps up to 1 HP at 120 VAC and 2 HP at 230 VAC in non-potable water, water and sewage applications.
The Double® Float pump switch consists of two floats and a splice tube. Each float contains a heavy-duty mercury switch. The splice tube contains a holding relay which enables the floats to function in series. The holding relay eliminates pump chatter in turbulent conditions, allowing the Double Float® pump switch to operate relay control panels for larger pump applications.
This switch is well suited for confined space applications requiring an accurate pumping range. It is not sensitive to rotation or turbulence. This switch is voltage sensitive – use with correct voltage.
- Controls pumps up to 1 HP at 120 VAC and 2 HP at 230 VAC
- Adjustable pumping range of 1.75 – 48 inches (4.45 – 122 cm) with increased pumping range up to 6 feet (1.8 meters) available
- Includes standard mounting clamps and boxed packaging
- Double Float® Pump Switch Diagram
- For pump up or pump down applications as specified by part number
- With a 120 VAC or 240 VAC piggy-back plug
- Without a plug for direct wiring (120 VAC units can be used only with 120 VAC applications within specified amp ratings. 230 VAC units can be used only with 230 VAC applications within specified amp ratings)
- In standard cable lengths of 10, 15, 20, or 30 feet (3, 5, 6, or 10 meters) – longer lengths available
UL Recognized, CSA Certified
Five Year Limited Warranty
- Attached to Float Housing:
- Flexible 14 gauge, 2 conductor (UL, CSA) SJOW, water-resistant (CPE)
- Above Splice:
- Flexible 14 gauge, 3 conductor (UL, CSA) SJTW, water-resistant thermoplastic
- 3.38 inches diameter x 4.55 inches long (8.58 x 11.56 cm) high impact, corrosion resistance, PVC housing for use in sewage and water up to 140°F (60°C)
- Mercury-to-mercury contacts, hermetically sealed in a steel capsule
- 120 VAC 50/60 Hz Single Phase:
- Maximum Pump Running Current: 15 amps
- Maximum Pump Starting Current: 55 amps
- Recommended Pump HP: 1 HP or less
- 230 VAC 50/60 Hz Single Phase:
- Maximum Pump Running Current: 12 amps
- Maximum Pump Starting Current: 35 amps
- Recommended Pump HP: 2 HP or less
NOTE: This switch must be used with pumps that provide integral thermal overload protection.