Mercury-Activated, Narrow-Angle Control Switch
The Sensor Float® control switch is used to accurately monitor high (normally open) or low (normally closed) liquid levels to activate pump control panels and alarms in non-potable water and sewage applications.
Normally Open Models (high level): The control switch turns on (closes) when the float tips slightly above horizontal signaling a high level and turns off (opens) when the float drops slightly below horizontal.
Normally Closed Models (low levels): The control switch turns on (closes) when the float tips slightly below horizontal signaling a low level and turns off (opens) when the float tips slightly above horizontal.
This switch is not sensitive to rotation and is suitable for use with intrinsically safe circuits. Contact SJE Rhombus regarding specific intrinsically safe applications.
- Suitable for use with intrinsically safe circuits
- Control differential of .5 inches (1 cm) above or below horizontal
- For normally open (high level) or normally closed (low level) applications
- In standard cable lengths of 10, 15, 20, or 30 feet (3, 5, 6, or 10 meters)
- Three mounting options for flexibility in installation:
- Mounting Clamp: for applications where the float can be attached to a discharge pipe or similar mounting device
- Internally Weighted: for applications where the float can be suspended from above
- Externally Weighted: for applications where the float can be suspended from above
UL Listed, CSA Certified
Five-Year Limited Warranty
- Flexible 18 gauge, 2 conductor (UL, CSA) SJOW, water-resistant (CPE) jacket
- 3.38 inches diameter x 4.55 inches long (8.58 x 11.56 cm) high impact, corrosion resistance, PVC housing for use in sewage and non-potable water up to 140°F (60°C)
MAXIMUM WATER DEPTH:
- 30 feet (9 meters), 13 PSI (90 kPa)
MERCURY TILT SWITCH:
- Single pole, single throw, mercury-to-mercury contacts, hermetically sealed in a steel capsule and epoxy sealed in the float housing
- 5 amps, 120/230 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Sensor Float® – Catalog Page with Pricing
- Sensor Float® – Catalog Page without Pricing
- Sensor Float® – Installation Instructions
- Does Your Area Restrict Mercury Products?
- We’re Proud to Offer a Five-Year Limited Warranty