Presentations & Videoss
Control Panels, Alarms and Floats
SJE-Rhombus has developed the following information to aid in the training and troubleshooting of controls:
The first step is understanding the basics of a pumping station:
- Electrical Service: Must match motor rated voltage; measure with meter.
- Control Panel: Control circuit, check for voltage at terminals, check for blown fuses, run pumps manually with HOA switch, simulate float sequence.
- Pump Circuit: Check voltage, tripped circuit breakers, check contactor or overload unit.
- Floats: Disconnect at least one lead and check with ohmmeter.
- Motor: Disconnect leads and check with ohmmeter.